Friday, January 4, 2013

slivers...



hold to night, by slivers of time
watch moon grow
from red to gold, in your beauty;
unfolds like a night flower

I wish for petals to touch me
 your eyes to dance over me
lightness of fingertips on my face
trace smiles raised on my lips

when at once I reach for you
capture body in embrace
as thoughts race like hot blood
holding you, feeling
breath of passion, near
the heart I'd given away so long ago

then know the circle come closed
such an imperfect man…in a perfect love,
a love that does not ask a thing

4 comments:

Pamela A. Lamppa said...

How tenderly scripted dear poet. A generous helping of acceptance within the gentleness of touch. I loved this! ~Pamela

Unknown said...

this poem leaves a pleasant and lingering flavour in mind and heart - 'slivers of time', 'petals to touch','lightness of fingertips', 'thoughts race like hot blood', 'reath of passion'...
ending in the beautiful phrase about unconditional love, giving it the best possible explanation: a love that does not ask a thing. Truly so... Captivated by the magic of your words!

howard said...

@Marina-
thank you...life can be a very empty or full experience depending on the way we fill it, when there is love in our lives- it is full to the point of overflowing- all we can possibly hold...H

howard said...

@Pamela-
the reality is that we are fortunate to find someone who sees the faults and yet finds something worthwhile...is a blessing...thank you...H