Monday, October 8, 2012

night song


black keys tell the story,
white keys simply agree;
and night rises like a cloud from the sea
covering stars and distant mysteries
giving me no choice I listen to a voice
a woman, a song of the night.

In the timbre of her poetry
the black keys speak again
the road was hard rest uneasy
my pen begins to move, as does she
once more rises and falls gently
making love to my senses, I easily
submit to her will, for it is mine too.

To wallow with her, roll in heat we make
and white keys lead us on until
it is I, a woman in my eyes,
and a night that would
suspend sunrise.


2 comments:

Susanne Donoghue said...

I know that I read this and commented before (on AP), but on re-reading, I want to praise it once again. It is just lovely, and seems as timeless as the moon.

howard said...

Thank you Susanne!