Wednesday, March 18, 2015

only occurs in Spring





I know it is the angle of the Earth
The tilts of her chin as if she smiles
To her favored star
I know that the soils lie in cold wait
For the intensity of beams to spur
Tiny life onto greatness
I know…

Yet there is mystery and fantasy
The orb in a brighter blue gown
And how the moon plays a trick
Upon air and sea to mesmerize into forgetting
A return to used-to-be’s that
Never were; I know.

All the pale blue wonder
Sun-splashed hills turning green
The songs of gurgling streams
Enjoying a bounty of cold clear melt
And underground swelled by chill and freeze
Releases like a pent-up lover

Last seasons seeds need no more than
A few tender days, yes, I know
It is the land and air, and waters
And yet, I also cannot deny,
That I know
It is a part of me, a seed of hope, a rivulet
rising to a rush, the hunter’s lust in a rising trout,
a pile of noisy crisp leaves
gathered by the winds, and tapping, tapping

There is part of me yet-
That only occurs in Spring.

No comments: