Monday, March 30, 2015

keeper of my heart

 
 

If the wind were a woman,
I would know her touch on my face
In kindness and she holds me
Away from the world, alone
With her; fulfilled by whispered truth
"The world needs you far less than I..."

If the night were my lover
I would stray far from sunrise
And dwell with ceaseless journeys
of moon and stars, I would relish
The sounds of her loving surrender
As I consume mysteries of darkness
how the garish noise and loud lights of
red stained lips and neon sights
let me step away, and into her quiet embrace

If time was my woman, paired in life
Caresser of all my dreams, keeper of my heart
I would never fear the coming end of things
for to know a moment, is to know
that every laugh and faceless tear
has brought me here; made whole in
the bosom of care. The spirit finds
Its place, there is time and love;
Time without want.



------------------------------------
Inspired by
Luis Omar Salinas- the great Chicago poet, whose words wrapped life in a many stages into wisdom. In rare depth and insightful understanding, he lead readers to share his culture and its transitions- he watched America grow, and for all its complexity, remain in spirit, the child of a very simple man.

No comments: