Sunday, June 8, 2014

heart of love

 

Beneath the sun,
piercing the cloudless blue,
a confusion of  gulls raises
the eyes...

A song of the heart
disappears from the lips,
a thoughtful prayer  left undone.
In the lingered image, the last
of a woman’s eyes, deep and blue;
within that moment
a slow river runs, as it always has,
finding its way –from cloud to sea.

Am I the tree...or the hand that touches it,
Am I in the journey, or its cause...

The dream seems like a vapor
and the world a mere tissue,
I can reach my hand
into a living night to touch cold fire.

Let me awaken -came a whisper-
then lips answered full:
the dream ends where the dream begins
in a heart of love, in arms
that will be empty until I fill
a space created  by a river that flows
so simply from thee to me.

No comments: