Monday, September 24, 2012

soaked and splendid





Once in the morning
a kiss on my neck, warm breath
in my ear(--)she pleads for love(--)
and a night that might have been so much more
exceeds my dreams within this dream.

Once in a vision
Mother spoke of things,
I cannot forgive, moments long gone
that cling to the hems of my soul
and in her smile- an absolution-
a prayer that need no longer be.

In bright sun on the beach
the sand has a taste, a color
like my Lover’s skin, a love
I would not know until long after
sun, sand and salt air were forgotten;

such passionate moments for something
I cannot recall, yet they come
whenever I am near love, when
scents in air seem to come
from a distant place, like deep river eyes
and flower-petal curl of lips.

Then a pour of love
leaves me soaked and splendid;
happy as I can be
for a reason I have no need to further resolve…
my suspended self so, so satisfied.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a nice poem. I liked the metaphors, the images and the diction which keeps every word to the point. Please, feel free to visit my blog if you like and leave your comments : skaragiannakidis.blogspot.gr