Wednesday, August 29, 2012

duet

after all,
all I have in my heart
are pieces of a dream;
when after all, laughter turns
to silence-
the walls give no answer
a ceiling simply returns my stare.

After all, the loving and passions spent
that coated my space in traces of feeling
a billowed altar next to me
is just a pillow once again.

When all the pieces that would be--
your smile in mine
your eyes, deep and dark as the night
and my love - gleaming like a solitary star--

a light meant just for you.

When our voices
climbed entwined like a vine
a duet in a key of happiness

such tender verses sung

and left...unsung.


5 comments:

Susanne Donoghue said...

So languidly sad, yet beautiful. Love it.

howard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
howard said...

thank you Susanne
sad- glad, full empty for me you cant know one without the other, happiness is a blend---

without a little sadness the Samba is just a song...thanks you...HDM

Arria said...

This is beautiful Howard ...Sitting here at the beach reading... Xo chrusa

howard said...

Chrisa-
I could not imagine a better place to read poetry than with the ocean as a backdrop, unless it is the beach at night when the ocean and the Moon do their dance...Thank you
"hugs"...H