Saturday, January 21, 2012

of the rivers...


Near whispers of Angels
words they’ve used to mend my heart
come like a song of truths to realize
a moment meant for keeping

Floating away now,
as if adrift from land
taken by rivers beneath the sea,
yet the compass in my spirit
does not relinquish its home

A water drop remembers
it is of the rivers, the rivers
bend but know
there is one place to end and begin.

Soft words yet reveal a hard purpose
and you, are winds…lifted to clouds
a breeze after the rains, and breath
remembered in my skin.

4 comments:

sense surreal said...

God this is so beautiful

howard said...

Thank you Anna-
I hope everyone has someone in their life who makes poetry...H

Mari Góes said...

I agree with Ana, this is indeed a beautiful poem!

howard said...

thank you Mari~

as usual there is a lot of your wisdom in what i write...h