Thursday, August 18, 2011

Connecting...


My restless spirit speaks low
connecting yesterday and tomorrow
like  mortar between layers of brick
resting atop the past in wait for my hands
to place evidence of the present

We live within a miracle of thought and matter,
by avenues of insight and reason
to fathom endless depths of existence--
of possibility, seamless and boundless.

We create within things
seemingly created for us-
custom fit to vast possibilities of pulse and breath.
The ends of mystery slip away as we reach;
life teaches and we learn
by bitter tastes and honey drops.

And then there are simply moments
in which I can rest, in the endless sea of stars;
or when moon dazzles tides-in a million moments of truth-
or in the last time…I saw your eyes

4 comments:

The Woman said...

This is beautiful, there is always such a serene feel to your words. You drag me in and make me feel warm and wonderful.

-mg

howard said...

thank you Melissa, I think you find the beauty in things...everywhere...H

sense surreal said...

This is beautiful, most specially the last part. I wish I could really expressed how that part gives such beautiful emotion, it seems to be indescribable, I guess but definntely beautiful

howard said...

thank you...I think it takes someone who knows that feeling...to see it in a poem, i think you know that feeling...Lovely Lady...H