Friday, August 26, 2011

after a kiss



sometimes
i wonder what is the meaning of touch -
lips to lips, face to fingertips
I sense as a mirror,
giving all of one dimension,
but in completeness there is absence
sometimes i wonder...after a kiss

how might i see myself when loving you?
what do i feel when seeing you?

Sometimes when we love
when i sense your wetness in a pool of sounds-
i want to be outside too- and when
we rise together in a crescendo
i would stop, hold a penultimate edge.

It is both strange and wonderful,
such layers and veiled complexities--
as if a universe of thought, flowed like a river
and I am caught in currents --in these moments,
being with a woman.


2 comments:

sense surreal said...

There are always something special about your poems, I guess it's the way your words speaks, or may be imagine them speak to me. When I read your poetry, it feels like I am floating on an ocean giving such a sense of calmness

howard said...

ahh you are very kind...i am glad you enjoyed, i agree there is a certain mood in some of these- Thank you...H