Wednesday, April 6, 2011

In the sands...

...cold in my thoughts bleeds
cold onto my words,
the air reaps me
absorbed , this hard-won warmth of body
elusive contentment of spirit

life is a desert night, rolled
between burn and blight- I settle
like sands in the east wind, a wait
until dawn to set ice afire.

In stillness, in fall of frigid air
count emptiness upon my shivered frame
give life to the fingertips of the moon
make a pearl upon the bosom of night
find her heat in my heart, search sky-
legends birthed of distant, wiser men-

in traces of fire, the glowing flower Moon
by petals silent fall, gaze through love
to distant furies that give birth to worlds;
and I yet immersed in fluid flows
cloud and wind,
night's cold envelope of life

I am the serpent in the sands,
coiled to leap into the flame of dawn

No comments: