Wednesday, April 13, 2011

how much...





I missed you and the Moon
at the end of a world-soaked day

drenched in wasting minutiae
of other folk's woes, tired; then
I paused when the journey home
seemed unending, and fate
was a giant's hand swatting me fly-like,
pushing away a twig in a stream.

I missed you and the Moon

as afternoon curled inside evening
even as I pushed the wall of time
begged it to stop the closing vise
and something shoulder-tapped my turn
to upward eyes to squint into
pale blue and wispy cotton, wind shredded
canopy that held...a soft golden shoulder
in silhouette upon a bed of blue,
as if to whisper entre nous she'd glanced

and then, just you were missed.

So I stood above the noise and crowd
spoke softly, aloud...and told how much.

2 comments:

Mari Góes said...

As I have said before, you write wonderful poems with the moon as subject. This is again a beautiful one, soothing and romantic.

howard said...

the Moon is a wonderful inspiration, so many qualities..the things that make my life bold and fascinating- are found in my ideas about the Moon, thanks for all...h