Thursday, December 17, 2020

Near You

 Of all the moods that sweep through my time
there is one- comes like waves of soothing music
they are thoughts that dwell with you
that linger and slow the flow of moments

with you i rise and fly, upon thermal lifts of desire
and passion-ed breath fills my chest like fire
and rebellions born of want, free me to dare
the chance of falling, to taste rare air
in the place near you


when you are hurt by my careless words
my unbridled fits and rage, then remember
the passion of days and sounds of our nights
when love eclipsed the sun
wishes made the stars obey
and we hungered for touch...

when I waited for you
in the deepest part of me and somehow
you softly and tenderly found my lips
and brought me to the place-- near you

1 comment:

Maryna said...

mmm... Howard, it's so touching and authentic in tone, thank you for immersing me in the cloud of love😗😗😗