Thursday, June 8, 2017

Cloak and revelation

Dreams carry a spirit's touch
a conversation about sounds
a smile drawn from a time far past
a knowing glance that pierces time
like an arrow into the heart of knowing
existence extends from life and other ways to be.

There is a distinct familiarity in this first sight
been before but never, known in discovery,
owned and surrendered- spirit speaks
of the ordinary; ordinary is the cloak worn by revelation.
I sense, reason, and collect the grains of these moments
these sands withstand the winds of chance and change.

They stay, held in my willing palm, subtle alms
 given to my beggar's heart wanting to know, to feed
on this wisp of eternal reckoning; i watch the curl of lips
into a broad toothy smile, and i watch myself...

I wonder if there is a way, to find a day, one
 can repay such gifts as make life repeat its voice,
extend its breath and beat?
I think and think not, but feel
a deep inhale beyond air, into a deeper breath
pure and simple as that which has made me.

No comments: