Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Oddyssey...

 

Compared to the lift and soar
of days that echoed laughter,
life was a bitter summary-
a crush of collisions and fantasy
piled atop the other, mystery unraveled
into a conundrums of truth, a maze-like path
this straight line from birth!

Thought, a traveler beyond mere movement, advanced
without drag of distance; led ever onward
as light through the void endlessly streamed
until disappeared only to emerge
before a keener eye.

In lives lived long before I lived,
blood ran through my fingers;
harvests of greed and evil lust
taking the greatness of existence for fouled water.
It was just that way, for
I could no more make sweet water
than honeyed golden life.

It was given to me to abuse both
the nature of life and the gifts of nature;
all roiled into the nature of a man
made of nothing but love
from a predecessor unknown and unknowable,
un-thanked, and not kissed in love and gratitude.

Hell is of the aware and hopeless,
when hope is the breath of life, and life
is the place near God.

Caught in a precis of a dream
I disbelieve the words, uttered with intention,
a dimension of mistrust, I must use
less sense than intuitions to discern
the meaning of meanings.

I lurch to grab the last piece of land
there is nothing beneath the place I stand
at the craggy cliffs of an abysmal shore
I lurch to grab the last piece of land
lost of place and time, in a dissolving core
feeling the swoon of Earth once more
I lurch to grab the last piece of land
there is nothing beneath the place I stand

Awakened, thrust into a place where regrets
abet the Sun and the glow of heaven
lights the stain of unmet words.
My lost promises and sacred vows trampled underfoot
in the hurry and scurry of long forgotten
and empty imperatives.
I suffered blindness of the busy, busy man,
abandoned those who loved so dearly;
held as a babe, adored like the truth of green spring
and savored like the flavors of Moonlight.

I remember the soft cheek I cannot kiss again,
the copper tone of the sweetest lips
that poured honey into my ears
and understanding into my fertile mind.
It is the home I will forever seek, though long
since vanished from touch; it is a thing wanted so much,
a sadness that I gladly feel,
it cannot fade away, until the end of light.

No comments: