Wednesday, October 2, 2013

only...

a time  of absolution
a drink made holy, to wash away
hints of sin, unkempt, mess-sided moments
and the need for forgiveness

men are not like God
She is eternal but men
have longer memories of things that hurt
except...forgiveness

There was a small part of a day,
something I'd started to say
in a way of tenderness, a moment given over
to feelings;  It was a thing like love,
 a moment like a bubble.
It held all the air I could have.

It rose within me
like something trapped in the sea
could not stay in deep light-less blue

There was a noise, some vague emptiness;
a distraction in the moment of my words
and they fell,  slowly, slowly
 like a dying leaf in the wind
fell, a whirly-seed shell with all of the
air I could have, all the love only I could give
fell
unseen, unnoticed  except by...only

No comments: