Friday, July 26, 2013

dreams and epitaphs

As if my eyes were buoyed above
the view from without  yet held
in the voice from within,
and I told someone I loved:
"watch... as my body grows still".

Floated as if on a sea of space
where time were air and salty wind;
the unforgiving roll of tides
gives back all that it keeps.

Raised from deeps to flotsam and shore
a mild foundering, return to the Sun.
For every ending is a thing begun, again
each tear a place where love begins.

As I grow still, thoughts touch a tree-
such a journey; the broad abyss of life to naught
is but a fracture of breath, healed by will.
Yet ...grown still, only the buoy and eye
can deny the end, as I watch a curtain fall
'tween me and someone I love.

I see, the band that heedless of all we knew
ties us still, the forge of will-- when we
were fingers of God; created eternal things.

I am lost and found, there and here, from
whence I came and always were - no longer bare;
cloaked, I whisper a breeze to someone I love-
thankful, to be covered, warmed...



No comments: