Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Rose of Saturn







I do not love you as I love the Rose of Saturn
whose beauty tantalizes from afar
a flame atop a vast ringed world
a maelstrom’s fury become a crown.

I do not love you like that curled dome of storms
circled flumes paint a deep flowered rose
in petals of powerful winds, raised
a distant sky to crimson, red as flame.

I do not love you as I adore this fiercest flower
like tenacious ruby orbs of high deserts and mountains
persistence for its own sake, alone and splendid,
stark and sudden, a glance bares its beauty.

Because I think of you, you are never alone;
because I keep you,  you are never distant.
Because we love, love rages like eternal storms;
because your rose is a fire, a fire burns in my heart.







____________________
Photo credit: NASA Cassini Spacecraft hurricane at the north Pole of Saturn, it has been speculated that the storm has been there for many years. My guess is that it has been there for many decades or more, locked in place by the gravity and magnetic pull of  the polar region.

No comments: