Tuesday, May 15, 2012

drips...

sometimes life seems impossible
without a cup of tea...to melt time
into memories and steam on lips
ripples and drips in -and- out of focus

travel to things undone, regrets
cured with a "wish I'd done...", yet
even with two cups, I can't
quite get over that one--it rises
with the steam of every sip, adrift
and forget care to burn tips
of tongue and felt in the sting,--
more righteous
more in touch with the time
held most precious-- the part
of the scene yet to be played:

when I win THE prize;
when I hold THE woman;
bring to fruit so many
flowers given in my paths; and
when I kiss Angels,  the-
sometimes forgotten- Angels
that fill my life.

2 comments:

Mari Góes said...

Lots of thoughts on this one!
The "I wish I've done" may be one of the biggest kind of regrets in life.
Tea and angels... I only get comfort from one of those :)

howard said...

I get comfort from Angels and tea; have had many Angels in my life, beautiful spirits, gentle souls-- Yes the wishes--so many moments we would do differently, yet every step and misstep has brought us to the place we are now...perto de você e uma respiração suave de asas...;)