Thursday, March 22, 2012

life within

Breasts rise and fall,  full and round

over more-so roundness

swollen to burst, skin taut

belly of wonders...

Soft hands seem small in mine

held before brown eyes and a gentle smile

I am a glad captive.

Places my hand to feel heat of skin

the heart of her heart, rolling

kicking life within

the woman... chose life

in the hard moments, then as now

touching her.

Sometimes God is there

in a flawed man

bound up in a perfect love...







Author's note: ( from the manuscript- Poetry, Politics and Peteskid)

This is in my view is the appropriate role of a male, and the society as a whole: to support the woman's choice of her reproductive capacity. This is the way men treat themselves, and the way society treats men- we leave him to his choices. There are- as far as i know- no legal barriers for male choices except age and consent, in contrast to the female, where there is extreme scrutiny and even more being planned.  It is simply true, she  -just as he - does no more than contribute her biological share to the continuation of the species.

2 comments:

Mari Góes said...

I liked the image of belly of wonders. A woman's belly,sometimes, can really be a place where a wonder begins.

I like this poem, on my own way to read it.

howard said...

Mari~
I think you know, I appreciate your views and gain from your point of view, your wisdom...and thank you for reading and finding your own way to see things...h