Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Friday night lights


Crowned in softness, a found
delight  simply in the sight, soft
half moons for eyes, starlight
in warm smiles; she orbits a dance floor.
Later, when rushed by chilled air,
my upward glance through a milk of cloud
as half Moon filled the center of night.

Drove in a silence, moments of
vivid thought, fresh memory
‘neath silver and sepia tinge in the west
then changed route to see her better
‘til she fell into next morning’s rain.

I searched seeking west
and thought her gone, lost again;
on one plane – a disappointment,
on another- an ore of a deeper vein:

when I lost my Moon... Drove-on
as music blurs man-made stars, lights
in commerce, glow of foods and bars
and then as if the wish I would not speak

released from theft by red clay sky
she came back to me, radiant and ever new
beauty I have seen, yet never quite this way

when journeys of the heart find nowhere to turn
and the moment rises when the will
becomes faith, and the soul whispers
its prayers.

No comments: