Wednesday, November 9, 2011

keep a nearby Moon





hear me
as you hear a distant storm
a thought that rises like heavy cloud
to bring the sea back to the seas

know me
as you understand the skin of the waters
in depths beyond sight, by hints of mystery

 find me in the place hopes go to die
fast in struggle- against all- to live

for I am ever near you
in thought and desire, like fires
of a distant sun that keep a nearby Moon

in warmth that reveals a timeless gift
love that will forever bear
my wish… to touch you

4 comments:

Michael Thomas said...

Just wonderful poem of expansive depth and wishes.

michael thomas

howard said...

thank you Michael-
it is as we talked about over tea...sometimes it rises to the skin...thanks H

Mari Góes said...

Quite a lovely poem. The end rhymes added a soft cadence to verses when reading them out loud.

Mariza

howard said...

thank you Mari~
as you can see the Moon is still in my thoughts...h